Wednesday, May 23, 2012

All love stories are beautiful but ours is my favorite.


I honestly feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I have the most amazing family and friends that a girl could ask for. My husband….I can’t find strong enough words to express my feelings of him. Amazing isn’t great enough. I love and adore him immensely. We have loved and lost together. He has been my rock, my best friend my life. I always wanted to write the story of us. I think our future children would like that.

This is how my story would start….

I was looking for love. I, at 25 years old loving life, clubbing every weekend with my girls and staying out all night. Don’t get me wrong here, I went out all of the time but I wasn’t a fluesy. (I love the word fluesy). It was strictly drinking and dancing. I never believed in looking for love. I always believed that was meant to be would find it’s way to you. I wasn’t anxious to have a boyfriend even though all of my friends were settling down. It just happened, the way that I always knew it would.

He wasn’t looking for love either. At the fresh age of 24, he had just gotten back from a tour in Iraq with the United States Marine Corps. The last thing he wanted after being away for almost a year was to instantly fall in love. He had been back for less than a months when we met. Like I said, neither one of us was looking.

It was a random weeknight in August. My friends invited me out to a bar. I was never a bar person but clubs weren’t exactly “hoping” on weeknights. So, I decided to go. I couldn’t tell you the name of the place. All I remember was that it was some dive bar in Philadelphia.  Honestly, I was rather bored there so I kept the shots coming. Back then I was able to handle my liquor like no other. It was insane. I went up to the bar to get another round of shots when I said to some random guy wearing a NY Yankees t-shirt, “your in Phillies territory wearing that shirt, you’re a brave one.”  We started chatting and at some point I mentioned that I was a Philly girl but I now lived in Jersey. He told me that I should meet his friend Mike who was sitting at the table with his buddies. Me, being a happy friendly drunk I agreed.

There he was. Through the smokey air, I could see his bright smile as he joked with his friends. I can’t explain it and I never believed in love at first sight but this feeling rushed over me. It was so strong that it almost sobered me up. I knew. That’s all I can say is that I just knew. I knew he was going to be the one that I would spend the rest of my life with.

“I see you through the smokey air. Can't you feel the weight of my stare. You're so close but still a world away. What I'm dying to say, is that I'm crazy for you.” (Crazy for You, Madonna)

The best is yet to come......

No comments:

Post a Comment